NAME : Pawan Chamling.
NAME OF CONSTITUENCY : Damthang.
FATHER’S NAME : Shri Aash Bahadur Chamling.
MOTHER’S NAME : Smt. Aasha Rani Chamling.
DATE OF BIRTH : September 22, 1950.
PLACE OF BIRTH : Yangang, South Sikkim.
MARITAL STATUS : Married.
NUMBER OF CHILDREN : Daugthers - 4 Sons - 4.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : Sr. Secondary School, Yangang;
PhD (honoris cousa), Manipal University, 2003.
Chintan Purashkar, 1987 – presented by Sikkim Sahitya Parishad for his poem “Maile samjheko
samjhana-ma kati kati, being published in the Annual literary
Bharat Siromani 1996 – presented by Shiromani Foundation, New Delhi on March 5, 1997
“for his outstanding contribution to integrate the people of Sikkim
with the rest of the country, for endeavouring to bring them in the
national mainstream and for reinforcing democratic system in
Greenest Chief Minister of India, 1998 – presented by Centre for Science and Environment,
New Delhi for his outstanding contribution towards
Nature conservation measures undertaken in the
Man of the Year, 1998 – presented by Biographical Institute, USA for “his outstanding
accomplishment to date and the noble example he has set for this
peers and entire community”
Manav Seva Purashkar, 1999 – presented by Institute of Economic Studies, New Delhi for his
“rare vision in bringing about far-reaching changes in the quality
of life for poor …….. championing the cause of the Sikkimese
people and downtrodden specially upliftment of women rights
and child welfare ……”
Poets’ Foundation Award, Kolkata, 2002 – presented by POETS FOUNDATION, Kolkata “for
his lifetime achievement in literature” for 2001.
Some of the other Awards received by the Chief Minister are as follow:
Secular India Harmony Award 1998.
Man of Dedication 1999.
Pride of India Gold Award 1999.
Best Citizen of India 1999.
National Citizens of India 2002.
|Sl. No.|| |
Name Of Awards
|1.||Balraj Sahani National Awards||March 1996|
|2.||Rashtriya Ekta Puraskar||June 1999|
|3.||Outstanding Speaker Award By IBC||January 2000|
|4.||Commemorative Medal Of Honor, Hallmark 2000||March 2000|
|5.||International Order Of Marit By IBC||March 2000|
Outstanding Man Of 20th Century (Certificate Of Excellence By) By Friendship Forum Of India
|7.||Platinum Record For Exceptional Performance By ABI||October 2000|
Jawaharlal Nehru Excellence Award By Institute Of Economic Studies
|9.||Sewa Ratna Award By Indian Board Of Alternative Medicines||December 2000|
|10.||International Personality Of The Year By IBC||January 2001|
|11.||Universal Award Of Accomplishment By ABI||May 2001|
2001 Noble Prize For Outstanding Achievement And Contributions To Humanity Of The United Cultural Convention (UCC), USA
|13.||Life Time Achievement Awards By IBC||December 2002|
|14.||Outstanding Man Of 21st Century By ABI||March 2002|
|15.||Vikas Shiromani Puraskar By Institute Of Economics Studies||April 2002|
|Sl. No.||Name Of Awards||Year Of Award|
|1.||Indo Nepal Friendship And Economic Co-Operation||1999|
|2.||Gold Star Award||1999|
|3.||International Man Of The Millennium||1999|
|4.||Outstanding Man Of The 20th Century||1999|
|5.||Abi Gold Record Of Achievement For 1999||1999|
The Abi Laurels For Dedicate Personal Attainment (World Laureate Of The ABI
Rashtriya Gaurav Award/Sukriti Millennium National Teachers Service Award/Sukriti Kala Award
|8.||1st Bharat Gaurav Award.||2005|
|9.||American Medal Of Honor||2006|
PROFESSION (PREVIOUS) : Government Contractor (Class 1 unlimited).
PERMANENT ADDRESS : Ghurbisey, Namchi, South Sikkim.
PRESENT ADDRESS : Mintokgang, Gangtok, Sikkim (Residence),
Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Tashiling,
Gangtok, Sikkim (Office).
PHONE NUMBER (OFFICE) : 03592 – 202575.
PHONE NUMBER (RESIDENCE) : 03592 - 202536, 202304, 221122.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web sites : www.pawan-chamling.org
POSITIONS HELD (YEARWISE) i. 1985-89, MLA & Chairman, Sikkim Distilleries Ltd.
ii. 1989-92, Minister for Industries, IPR & Printing Department.
iii. Chief Minister of Sikkim from 12th December 1994 till date.
SOCIAL AND CULTURAL i. Prominent contribution in the movement towards recognition of
ACTIVITIES Nepali Language in the 8th schedule of Indian Constitution.
ii. A pioneer in the promotion of cooperative movement in Sikkim.
iii. Significant involvement in the cultural and intellectual discourses
spanning the last four decades
iv. Formed Nirman Prakashan in 1977.
v. Chief Editor- Nirman quarterly magazine
vi. A prolific writer, poet and thinker.
FAVOURITE PASTIME &
RECREATION : Reading, writing and social works.
1. Antahin Sapana Mero Bipana, 1985 (collection of poems).
2. Perennial dreams and my reality (Translation – collection of poems).
3. Damthang, Heeja Ra Aja, 1992 (collection of treatise).
4. Prativad (collection of treatise).
5. Mah Koh Hun, 1992 (collection of poems).
6. Excavating Self (collection of poems-English translation)
7. Prarambhik Kavitaharu, 1993 (collection of poems).
8. Sikkim Ra Nariko Maryadaa, 1994 (a treatise).
9. Crucified Prashna Aur Annya Kavitayen, 1996 (collection of poems in Hindi).
10. Sikkim Ra Prajatantra, 1996 (a treatise).
11. Democracy Redeemed, 1997 (collection of speeches in English).
12. Prajatantrako Mirmireyma, 1997 (a treatise)
13. Sikkimey Jaati (a treatise).
14. Mero Sapanako Sikkim, Volume I, II, III & IV, 2002- 2007 (collection of speeches).
15. Perspectives and Visions, Volume I, II & III 2002-2007 (collection of speeches in English).
16. Prajatantrik Andolanko Aatma Sangharsha, 2004 (collection of treatise).
17. Pawan Chamling ka Udgaar-haru
PUBLICATIONS AND WRITINGS ON CHAMLING AS A POLITICIAN AND LITERARY PERSONALITY:
18. Vichar, Kranti Ra Parivartan (C.B. Karki and Bhim Dahal).
19. Daring to be Different, 2003 (biography written by Yogendra Bali).
20. Pawan Chamling – Vyakti Ra Vyaktitva (Kamal Sadai).
21. Pawan Chamling – Man of the Masses.
22. Chhapama Pawan Chamling.
23. Pawan Chamling in Print Media.
24. Bharatiya Nepali Kavita Vrittama Pawan Chamlingko Yogdan (Mahesh Parsai).
25. Dr. Pawan Chamling – Yug Purush? (Damber Giri).
26. Pawan Chamling – Bharatiya Kavitako Sandarbhama (Dr. Harka Bahadur Chhetri).
27. Pawan Chamling - Pragyik Ayam Ra Adhyayan.
28. Vartako Vritta Bhitra Pawan Chamling (Sudarshan Shreshtha).29. Sandarbha – Pawan Chamlingka Teen Kavita Sangraha Ra Geetharu (Prem Thulung).