Writings of Sikkim since 2007

Friday, February 22, 2008

MG Marg face lift nearing completion

SHIVADEEP RAI
Gangtok:
99 percent of the renovation and beautification work of MG Marg along the stretch from Tourism Department to Kiran Dry Cleaner is accomplished till date and remaining 1 percent is expected to be completed within this month, informed Mr. Rabi N Sharma, Divisional Engineer (Planning) of Urban Development and Housing Department (UD&HD).
The remaining work includes installation of lamp posts by Power Department, chairs and decorative equipments. The fencing surrounding the statue of Mahatma Gandhi has been removed for a replacement to give a novel look. On January 21, several sign boards (measuring more than 3 ft in width) of the shops and stores located at MG Marg were removed by UD&HD. This was done to bring uniformity in the sign boards of all the shops and stores located at MG Marg, said Mr. Tobjor Dorji, Commissioner cum Secretary of UD&HD. He also informed that sign boards measuring less than or equal to 3 ft in width are allowed to be put in shops and stores vertically and horizontally. The proposal of doing the same was communicated to all the shop keepers of MG Marg earlier during a meeting between UD&HD, Stake Holders and Chamber of Commerce. A prior notice and information was given to them before removing the sign boards, he said.

http://sikkimreporter.com//otherstories.html

Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...