The operation, which began this morning at 8 am, was completed successfully after five hours.
It is also informed that the kidney patient will regain her consciousness only after three days.
In a press meet held yesterday, Pema Doma Sherpa, external affairs manager, Mission SAVE DIKI said that the operation was carried out with Rs 4 lakhs already generated through the initiative of The Times of India, Kolkata.
Only Rs 56, 000 has been raised in Sikkim and Pema hopes to generate more as her ailing friend still needs about Rs 3 lakhs for post operation treatment.
List of Donors for Diki’s Aid
1. Officers of Roads & Bridges Department, Gangtok : Rs. 35,300/-
2. STDC, Deorali, Vide Chq. No, 689299, SBI, Gangtok : Rs. 10,000/-
3. Basant, Menuka, Shivani & Junel Gurung from Burtuk : Rs. 10,000/-
4. HM DD Bhutia : Rs. 5,000/-
5. Headmaster & staff-Mangshila Govt. Sec. School, North Sikkim : Rs. 2,590/-
6. Mount Distilleries Ltd. Majitar : Rs. 2,500/-
7. Enchey Sen. Secondary School : Rs. 2,450/-
8. Mr. SK Sarda (Sikkim Chamber of Commerce) : Rs. 2,000/-
9. Chewang Dorjee Lama : Rs. 1,500/-
10. Panorama Color Lab : Rs. 1,100/-
11. Mr. ND Bhutia, Raj Bhawan : Rs. 1,000/-
12. President & Executive Members, Denzong Welfare Association : Rs. 1,000/-
13. Tenzing Tharchen Lachungpa, PS Road : Rs. 1,000/-
14. Sikkim Express, Gangtok : Rs. 1,000/-
15. Tenzing Kutsapa : Rs. 1,000/-
Total Rs. 76, 440/-