Monday, August 25, 2008

I owe my image of action star to Danny Denzongpa: Suniel Shetty

YAHOO INDIA MOVIES

Mumbai, Aug 21 (IANS) Actor-producer Suniel Shetty is all set to pay a tribute to his friend, philosopher and guide Danny Denzongpa by making a film for him.

Danny is one man who initially taught him everything there's to learn about good, positive, healthy living.

'I simply love and respect that man to death. He was my co-star in my very first film 'Balwaan'. I owe my image of action star to him,' Suniel, who was recently seen in 'Mission Istaanbul', told IANS.

'It was Danny sir who urged me to take him on in climactic combat in the film. I was very shy. How could I fight a man I had hero-worshipped for so long? But he made me do it.

'He even made me pick him up and throw him on the ground. The impact was deadly. Audiences immediately accepted me as a deadly action hero. They reasoned that if I could beat Danny Denzongpa, I must be the real 'balwaan' (strong person),' he added.


Since then Suniel has ceaselessly looked up to Danny for advice.

'He has always been a source of inspiration, whether it's in the way he keeps his house or in the way he has brought up his children - Danny sir is an amazing man.'

And now Suniel is all set to repay Danny.

'My company Popcorn Entertainment is planning a film that would do justice to his awesome personality. It's the least I can do. I mean, just look at that man - at his age he puts younger, supposedly fit men to shame. I had actually offered him another film. But I decided to hold back. The role didn't do justice to him.'

No comments:

Post a Comment