INTERNATIONAL POLITICS/ RELATIONS, SOCIOLOGY, MICROBIOLOGY and PCSM ADMISSION NOTICE 2008-2009 - SIKKIM UNIVERSITY
(A Cenral University Established by an Act of Parliament of India)
6TH MILE, SAMDUR, P.O., TADONG, GANGTOK-737102, SIKKIM
Tel/Fax: 03592-251438/ 251020
Dated: August 11, 2008
Sikkim University, established by an Act of Parliament in 2006 (Act No.10 of 2007), started functioning w.e.f. July 2, 2007 at 6th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok. Being located in a very peaceful, accessible and naturally magnificent surrounding, this University is expected to contribute substantively to the nation building process by mobilizing the rich intellectual heritage of this region, by galvanizing the academic fervour and creative instincts of the youths and by developing agencies and institutions that will facilitate cross border interactions, Sikkim University is being designed in such a way so as to make it known for academic excellence and research, for its all inclusive institutional character and a strong instrument of regional development and cross-border integration. The University expects to attract students and faculty members form both within India and the immediate neighboring countries including Bangaladesh, Bhutan China, Myanmar, Nepal and Thailand.
During 2008-2009 academic sessions, the University proposes to offer two year postgraduate programmes (4 semesters) in the 4 discipline:
(1) INTERNATIONAL POLITICS/ RELATIONS (SCHOOL OF GLOBAL STUDIES)
(2) SOCIOLOGY (SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES)
(3) PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES AND MANAGEMENT (PCSM) (SCHOOL OF PEACE, CONFLICT & HUMAN SECURITY STUDIES)
(4) MICROBIOLOGY (SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES)
1) Detailed information regarding admission procedure and eligibility etc. in given in the Prospectus-cum-Application Form 2008-2009.
2) Prospectus –cum-Application Forms can be obtained in person form the Sikkim University office form 9.30 am to 5.30 pm till 1st September 2008 against cash payment of Rs.200/-. Prospectus-cum-Application can also be obtained by mail paying Rs.25/- extra as postal charge. Prospectus –cum-Application will not be sold after the last date.
3) Filled-in Applications should reach the Coordinator (Academics) at the above addresses within 1st September 2008.
Note: University will not be responsible for any postal delay. Applications received after the last date will not be entertained. Candidates are, therefore, advised to apply well in time.
Officer of Special Duty – II