Monday, March 09, 2009

My daughter goes to school from today...

My daughter Sristikaa Pradhan

My daughter, Sristikaa Pradhan started off her academic session today. She has been admitted to King George Academy at Singtam. Last Saturday, I had visited the school and filled up the admission forms. I could not realize how soon the years pass by, it was as if yesterday I would carry her at my arm and today she started going to school. 

I was worried she would cry her heart on her first day but to my and Seema's surprise, she didn't cry as told by her teacher. She was rather surprised with other students wailing and she just kept staring up. In the morning I took a few snaps of her first day to school on her school uniforms, as I too have the photograph of my first day at school more than two and half decades back.

 
In the morning there was a funny incident out at school, one of the teachers told my daughter " Say, Good Morning Miss!!", my daughter instantly did not reply back but little later when the teacher repeated her words my daughter in her small voice replied back " Say, Good Morning Miss!!" and we all laughed.

 
Can u see the schoolbag!!

Yesterday another interesting thing happened at home, last Saturday I had brought the books and copies from the school and since late noon I was looking for those books and copies to cover them up but I was not getting it, so I decided to inquire my wife about those things and she smiled and told me she had kept the school bag along with the books and copies at our mandir room. I could not help myself from smiling...Sweet ni hai!!

7 comments:

  1. how sweet,. she's lukin' cute..
    blessings,. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read about your little one. Mine started kinder for 3 yr old too and she refuses to come home. She loves it. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amui ni ta.... kasto sweet!!!!

    She looks adorable in her school uniform...

    So sweet; reminds me of my first day at school. I remember I bawled my guts out.

    She may remember this day decades later. I still do :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Goma for the good wishes...

    Thanks Rinchen....where did u go missing.....i too believe she would smile at this blog post too when she reads it year latter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mst say ur daughter is gonna love ur work whn she will recall in the comin yrs ...she will surely hug u n thnk u for ur beautiful work ...Cheers to ur work......and baby sristika be good , play lottttt mk frens at school untill u gear up for ur real challenges.....Good luckkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karuna for your lovely comments. Do visit again...

    ReplyDelete