Blog on Sikkim.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Will my vote count.......


I am surprised whether or not my single vote does matter to others be it to a winning candidate or a losing candidate. The democratic format of the country had given me THE RIGHTS to choose the candidate that I feel be my representative at the State Assembly, but I am sorry I wasn't let to understand who the perfect gentleman was. I never leant what were their views and motives behind this year’s polls.

I ask, is it a sin to be an employee? I am made aware I should not hear the speeches of the opposition parties nor should I be present in any form of political meetings organised by ruling party. I find myself under dilemma. I love my state and I am more concern about its future, so does it not mean that I should be conscious to make a right selection that deserves my very important single vote. Being an Indian citizen I am made to cast my valuable vote in general election but this time I voted without understanding the candidates.

Last week I was at Gangtok to watch Rahul Gandhi and among those people whom I met across my ways was surprised to see me what was I doing there in Opposition party’s meeting. Do I not have those rights to go and watch opposition leaders be it Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi or shall I have to fear if Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of Indian comes to Sikkim.



Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...