Writings of Sikkim since 2007

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Is Toppakhani Tunnel awaiting another mishap?

Wet walls of Toppakhani Tunnel
I first wrote about the water droplets dripping from the ceilings of the Toppakhani Tunnel few years back in my newspaper Himalayan Review. But i had seen no progress over the years from any where regarding the mishap that could happen if the ceilings of the Toppakhani Tunnel gets collapsed. With the recent landslides that affected the neighbouring regions of Singtam i fear the 80 year old motarable tunnel might not have a pretty sights in near future.  

Broken Statue of a leopard at the tip of the Toppakhani Tunnel

This time the water channel that runs over the head of the  8 decades old Toppakhani Tunnel had exploded letting huge rocks to fall on the road at the rip of the Tunnel damaging the statues of the  small park build on the other side of the road. Few of the stones that were used on the wall of the Tunnel has fallen off while the home of bats that has been living inside the dark tunnel that does not even have a lights are much lesser than it used to be few years back.
Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...