Saturday, March 05, 2011

Invitation Letter for Chogyal's Coronation ceremony (1965)



Internet as always had been my biggest friend and whenever i find something that’s exciting in context to Sikkim my joys knows no limit. This time I have found an invitational letter to the Coronation Ceremony of Last Chogyal Palden Thondup Namgyal that dates back to 1965. This letter was on sale on ebay.com. The letter reads everything about the receiving of the guests at Bagdogra Airport and Siliguri Railway Station. It is also said that the acceptance of invitational card should be replied in advance on March 15, 1965. 

A very interesting thing I really loved reading this letter was about the dress code used for the function and I am sure this was the very first time such thing was ever done in this part of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment