Saturday, February 08, 2014

Oh for goodness sake, he’s the King, OK?!

A popular blog of royal families “Radical Royalist” shares an interesting anecdote related to Chogyal Wangchuk Tenzing Namgyal, the present heir to the Namgyal Dynasty. The anecdote shared by his fellow freind during his schooling days at London. I am sure my reader would love it.

The anecdote says about the talk between the two friend Prince Wangchuk and David (his friend)…….

“He [Prince Wangchuk] used to accompany a small group of us to the pub at lunchtimes. He was never a big drinker, but used to participate in the banter, and enjoy the company.

One day I asked him where he came from - he replied:

“Sikkim – it’s a small country in the Himalayas, between Bhutan and Nepal”.

I then asked, “So why are you here in London, Wangchuk?”

“Oh, my father thought it would be a good idea for me to get a British education”.

My next question was: “So what does your father do in Sikkim, Wangchuk?”

“Oh, he’s in the government.”

“So what does he do in the government, Wangchuk?”

“Oh, he’s quite senior actually...”

“Well, how senior, Wangchuk?”

“Well, really quite senior.”

“Come on, Wangchuk – what does he do??”

“Oh for goodness sake, he’s the King, OK?!”

Stunned silence ensued, followed by an animated conversation about the political situation, and how unhappy his father was….

Wangchuk was always the most charming chap, although quite self effacing. I enjoyed his company immensely. “

The anecdote says more of a persona of the Chogyal Wangchuk Tenzing Namgyal and I believe whereever he is today, we do all respect him and love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment