General meeting of Federations of Consumers Association of Sikkim meeting held at Hotel Mistree Mountain at Gangtok today. Meeting was presided by President of the association Smt Jayshree Pradhan in the presence of the members. In the meeting following points was discussed:-
1. A request letter to be presented to Hon’ble Minister Food & Civil Supplies for the early execution of LPG price of Rs. 429.50 statewide which he had announced in assembly session.
2. Along with executive members and other members Chief Coordinator (State) Suresh K. Lama was given the praiseful word of appreciation and a huge round of applaud for his voice for the consumers of the state in LPG issue in rightful way by the President & General Secretary of the Federation.
3. 1 year book of accounts submitted in the meeting and approved as well by the body.
4. With the resignations of the members who were in government employees the vacant post of the executive members to be filled up in the next meeting and decided to go for massive membership drive statewide.
5. Block level and school level consumer’s awareness program to be initiated on approaching the respective officials.
6. It was informed to members that Federation is the member of State Consumer Protection Council.
7. Now onwards suffered consumers can ask Federation for the necessary action according to their complain.
8. Federation had decided to approach for office accommodation to the department in view for extensive awareness in the state.
9. It was informed to all the members that Federation had also attended meeting of 1st State Price Monitoring & Regulatory Committee of the state on 4th.August.2014 and expressed the views and suggestions in the meeting.