Writings of Sikkim since 2007

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thank You Burung JHS for the honour

Thank You Burung JHS for the honour.(09.12.15)
I find myself blessed to receive my first honour as a school teacher from the school where I was first posted at.





MY SPEECH ON THE OCCASION



Good Afternoon to all, with due permission from today’s Chief Guest, Special Guest,  distinguished guests from my department .i.e HRDD and others.
I am standing at the premises of a school, where I started off my journey as a school teacher. Here I stayed for six long years and I am thankful towards the school administration who finds me worthy of recognition. I find myself blessed to receive my first honour as a school teacher from the school where I was first posted at.
An honour is always an honour, whether big or small. It encourages you to improvise your effort to bring the best from you. Teaching is a beautiful profession, I was told during my initial years and at the same time I was made aware it was not the easiest of all. I entered as a teacher to give back something to the society.
Today it might seem funny but my intention as a teacher was I always wanted to work in a village school. Over the last ten years, I had many memorable and beautiful years as a school teacher in three schools I had been posted so far.
 I always believe that we teachers are the medium between the students and the outer world; the less we acquaint our students to the global world, less we are working in their all-round development. Not all students are good in academics but it’s a duty of a teacher to bring out their best. Some might be good in sports, some in culture and some in literature: we need to search for the platform, we need to provide them opportunity and help them motivate in a better way.
At this very school, the first ever football tournament played by the students they were routed with 9 goals to nil yet I was part of that moment. I was happy to see many players of that match were the finalist of Sakyong Chisopani Independence Day Football Tournament last year.
We teachers have a habit of blaming the students, parents or the guardians for a student’s failure. The day we realize that it was me, who was not able to make the lesson understand to my student, I am sure the outcome would surely be a positive one. Here we are dealing with a student many years junior to us, we cannot communicate with the student through a graduate thinker….we need to go down to the student level…we need to be like them and interact with their ideology.
Coming back to Burung JHS, I have seen this school grow from a mere Burung Primary School. I had a good opportunity during my stay at this school. Thank you to NT Sir, Uttam Sir, MB sir, Kamal Sir, Sabitra Madam and Gangaa Madam.
From here, I would specially like to thank Mrs. Indira Rizaal, Pre Primary Teacher of this school for helping me in many projects we together did in this school then. I do not hesitate to speak that the honour I received here has her part of share too.
Thanks to the new headmistress, her arrival is a blessing to this school, blessing to this village.
Thank you once again!! And wishing the school the best in the coming days too!!



Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...