Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thank You Burung JHS for the honour

Thank You Burung JHS for the honour.(09.12.15)
I find myself blessed to receive my first honour as a school teacher from the school where I was first posted at.





MY SPEECH ON THE OCCASION

Good afternoon to all, with due permission from today’s Chief Guest, Special Guest, and distinguished guests from my department .i.e HRDD and others.

I am standing on the premises of a school, where I started my journey as a school teacher. Here I stayed for six long years and I am thankful to the school administration for considering me worthy of recognition. I find myself blessed to receive my first honour as a school teacher from the school where I was first posted.

I was told during my early years that teaching was a beautiful profession. Despite this, I was made aware that it is not the easiest of professions. Honour, whether large or small, encourages you to improvise your efforts in order to bring out the best in you. To give back to society, I became a teacher.

Today it might seem funny but my intention as a teacher was that I always wanted to work in a village school. In the last ten years, I've been a school teacher in three schools I've been posted to.

 I always believed that teachers are always the medium between our students and the outside world; the less we expose our students to the global world, the less we are contributing to holistic development. Not all students are gifted in academics but it’s the duty of a teacher to bring out their potential. Some might be talented at sports, some at culture, and others in literature: we need to find a platform for them, provide them with opportunities, and help them motivate better.

At this very school, the first-ever football tournament played by the students they were routed with 9 goals to nil yet I was part of that moment. I was happy to see many players in that match were the finalist of the Sakyong Chisopani Independence Day Football Tournament last year.

As teachers, we have a tendency to blame students, parents, or guardians for a student's failure. If we realize that it was I who failed to make the lesson understandable to my students, I am sure the outcome would be positive. Here we are dealing with a student many years younger than us. We cannot communicate with the student through a graduate thinker....we need to get down to the student level...we need to be like them and interact with their ideology.

Coming back to Burung JHS, I have seen this school grow from a mere Burung Primary School. I had good opportunities during my stay at this school. Thank you to NT Sir, Uttam Sir, MB Sir, Kamal Sir, Sabitra Madam and Gangaa Madam.

From here, I would especially like to thank Mrs Indira Rizaal, Pre Primary Teacher at this school. She helped me with many projects we worked on together at this school. I do not hesitate to say that the honour I received here is also shared by her.

Thanks to the newly appointed headmistress, her arrival is a blessing to this school, a blessing to this village.

Thank you once again!! And best of luck to the school in the coming days too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment