Monday, June 08, 2020

PRIDE OF SINGTAM 01 - NAVIN KUMAR TRIVEDI

It was on May 28, 2010; I reported the CBSE 10th examination of East Point SSS’s results in news media both print and social. The same year grading system “Grade Point 10” was introduced and given to the students who scored between 91 marks to 100 marks. Five students of EP SSS went on to score Grade 10 in mathematics, those included Navin Kumar Trivedi, Shubham Prasad, Arindram Mishra, Ashish Kumar Singh and Deobrata Ishwar. Shubham Prasad, Arindram Mishra and Ashish Kumar Singh also went on to score Grade Point 10 in three individual subjects respectively.

Among those meritorious students was Navin Kumar Trivedi. He scored a “Perfect 10”, the highest Grade Point i.e. “10” along with “A1” Grade in each of the five subjects he had undergone. His subjects include English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science and Social Science. He was the first from Singtam to do so. The success of those students was observed when an official holiday was announced at the school to celebrate their success; first of its kind in the school history that was set up in 1986.

This instance had caught my fancy mind. Two years later, I found out that he had joined Holy Cross, Tadong for his further study and I was expecting some brilliant news from Navin in his Class XII examinations. Once the results were announced, I rang him up in excitement to know his marks. Well! He did not disappoint me. The shy face wonder boy scored 100 in mathematics, 95 each in Biology and Physics, 94 in Chemistry and 85 in English. That was again a brilliant score. 

Since then I lost contact with him until few days back flipping back my blog I came across his old post and wondered what he was doing these days. I contacted few of his friends but nothing came up. So I gave a try to search him at Facebook and there he was…his Facebook bio reads lives in Munich, Germany. I could not hide my joy and immediately send him message and congratulated for his present read. He remembered me. He told me he was pursuing Masters in Power Engineering at Munich. 

He said after his Class XII, he studied Electrical & Electronics from NIT Hamirpur. He completed his course with GPA 8.7, 3rd overall in his EEE batch. After that he worked in L&T. In L&T, he joined as Graduate Engineer Trainee, and after a year he was promoted to Senior Electrical Engineer. After two years, he came to Munich for his Masters at Technical University of Munich.

Navin’s success is very close to my heart. It is a story of a small town boy and his dream. My best wishes for him in his future endeavour and as always I would be more interested what will be his next move when he completes his Masters.

1 comment: