Blog on Sikkim.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Take a photo of Lingtam Pani Ghatta....just for Rs 50!!

I am sure people around have heard about the Lingtam Pani Ghatta, traditional water mill used for grinding flour. I was at this house a few minute ride in a vehicle from Lingtam bazaar. The owner of this pani ghatta an old lady was not happy on my un invited approach to her house.

Instead she asked me 50 rupees as a "pass" to click the photographs of her pani ghatta. She was not interested in people coming to her house just to click the photgraphs. She was to be paid to have her photograph clicked along with the ghatta and she asked me Rs 100 for that. 


It was really a sad affair to hear from her close ones, with her business not enough to sustain her family's life she finds harassed when people visits her just to know about the seven decade old historical water mill run by wooden turbines.

This Lingtam Pani Ghatta is probably the oldest running flour mill and i would wish State Government should come up and preserve this from ending it up. Why not promote this as a eco-friendly means of using natural source in proper way ?







Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...