Blog on Sikkim.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Press photo of the King of Sikkim, Palden Thondup Namgyal (1971)

Press photo of the King of Sikkim, Palden Thondup Namgyal, with his Queen Hope Cooke arriving in London. Dated July 1, 1971.---EBAY
Royal Family of Sikkim always fascinates me , it is these photographs that makes me feel closer to my Sikkim. I usually surf around ebay.com an auction site that sometime gives me a glimpse of my place.my king and my people.  The above photograph was taken in 1971 when Chogyal Palden Thondup Namgyal and his Gyalmo had arrived at London. The peculiar rarity of this photograph is the way the late Chogyal have grown his beard. Very less photographs is available with the Chogyal having a beard which was prominent in the latter years of his life.
Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...