Thursday, June 23, 2011

Press photo of the King of Sikkim, Palden Thondup Namgyal (1971)

Press Photo of the King of Sikkim, 
Palden Thondup Namgyal, with his Queen Hope Cooke arriving in London. 
Dated July 1, 1971.---EBAY
The Royal Family of Sikkim always fascinates me, it is these photographs that make me feel closer to my Sikkim. I usually surf around ebay.com an auction site that sometimes gives me a glimpse of my place. my king and my people. 
The above photograph was taken in 1971 when Chogyal Palden Thondup Namgyal and his Gyalmo arrived in London. The peculiar rarity of this photograph is the way the late Chogyal has grown his beard. Very less photographs are available with the Chogyal having a beard which was prominent in the later years of his life.

2 comments:

  1. Your efforts will take you a long way in the days to come....carry on with this great job....

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Shital carry on!
    Sujoy
    www.sujoyrdas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete