Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Vintage Sikkim photographs given a LIFE

I came upon a blog of pukuli (sounds intresting, don't go by the name of the blogger). I even used to have a sister by this name and her name did made me nostalgic. Nevertheless i came through her blog that the LIFE website is publishing around 10 million of photographs from the archives of LIFE magazine. Here i took upon a chance to see whether there are any photographs related to Sikkim and i am glad i did so. There are few photographs clicked by Bill Ray during the India-China tussle of 1965, the area most probably is Nathula Border. The photographs shows army-men of India and China.



1.Chinese troops on Sikkim-Tibet border

2.Chinese troops on Sikkim-Tibet border

3. Indian soldier patrols on frontier between Sikkim and Tibet

4. Indian soldier on Sikkim-Tibet border

5. Life photograher Bill Ray (CR) with Indian soldiers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shital,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have been a regular reader of your blog for a while now. I find it very interesting and always look forward to it every day to find something new about my homeland.
    I like that fact that you have shortened your URL...however, it did take me a while to find your new URL. How about keeping your old URL alive for a while and linking it to your new one so that regular readers like me dont get lost?

    Keep up the good work!
    Ciao!
    Colors a.k.a. Pukuli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Puku, i used to call my sister by this name, i hope you might not feel bad if i call you by this name.
    Thanks for your lovely comments. I like to give my reader's surprises and visiting your blog and watching the Gangtok license plate gave me a big surprise. IT surely made me happy.
    I shall rethink about your words of keeping my old link for a while.

    ReplyDelete