Writings of Sikkim since 2007

Saturday, April 25, 2009

When The Great Khali came to Sikkim.....

I still remember it was in early 90s when The Great Khali then he was only Dilip Singh visited Gangtok, and i believe i have that newspaper from Sikkim Express that carried an article on this giant man on their front page but in the racks of over thousand newspaper in my collection, it is somewhere hidden. There were talks then how he was carried inside the van with the second seat of the van being removed and replaced with smaller muurah (local sitting item). We were still in the final years of the schooling session and we too rushed to watch him at Developmental Area, where he was at one of the hotel.
Source: Satya Prakash

Last week when i was crossing over one of the eateries at Tadong, i came across a frame being hanged on the wall where it was written " The Great Khali at Gangtok", i just clicked the pic for myself. More than a decade latter we never knew that giant personality would rock the WWE arena and make name for himself in the world of entertainment sports. But for me at least the mere thought that he came to Sikkim and his fantasy over his journey as a local tourist fascinates me.
Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...