Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A mysterious contrail at “Sikkim sky show up” continues…..

I do not know how correct I am….. But a comparative study of the so called contrail photographs from other part of the world with that of those observed in Sikkim in the last two months draws a similar conclusion. It was more of a curiosity that drew my interest into this mysterical phenomenon that had many faces gazing across the sky in inquisitiveness. I too wanted to know, what were those thick lines of clouds that were sighted on certain places of Sikkim in the last two months? I have observed people say, those clouds-like arranged in a straight line looked like the smokes of some object, stayed on the sky for some time and vanished in air.




While I was preparing this article I was informed about a strange looking 6 feet long shining object that passed through the hills of Soreng at around 8 pm. An eyewitness told that the object was flying very low and it passed through the Nepal border.  Well still fresh in my mind is that photograph of UFO like object that was clicked from Sombaria last November and that too flew beyond the hills of Nepal. Just two days back I was shared few photographs of the so called contrails clicked by a friend of mine at Singtam and yesterday I received another photographs clicked from Tinkitam, South Sikkim of that same contrail. There is an interesting comparison of the two sightings of Singtam and Tinkitam. The Singtam sighting was captured at 7.37 am while the Tinkitam sighting was shot at 7.55 am. We can imagine how fast the object was traveling. I would also like to draw an attention from the Singtam sighting that I have tried to enlarge the tip of the contrail and to my surprise I could see a faintly visible spherical object. Whew!! What’s going on!!

We never knew since how long these Sikkim sky show up had been on Sikkim air? I had been writing on my “Proud to be a Sikkimese” about it. I had collected series of so called mysterious “thick white cloudy trails” from different part of Sikkim. Earlier reports came from Ravangla, Singtam, Namthang and even Gangtok, apart from that there were reports of such sightings from far off places like Central Pandam, Parakha, Machong and Sang Martam. The witnesses reported of having seen something “white” on sky that moved in a straight line with cloudy trails, which finally disappeared into the sky. But this week thanks to the Voice of Sikkim sms alert similar sightings of contrails had also been reported from West Sikkim and South Sikkim too.
There are mixed feedbacks from the people who had watched this strange contrail. In the initials reports of sightings people reported hearing thunderous sound but in recent sightings no sound had been recorded. The common beliefs of people are some jets or fighter planes leave trails on sky that they usually do in higher altitudes. I might be wrong but I have witnesses giving me details that these sightings are very close to the hills.
The knowledge bank, Wikipedia defines a term “contrail” that means “Contrails (short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are basically artificial clouds, visible trails of condensed water vapour, made by the exhaust of aircraft engines. As the hot exhaust gases cool in the surrounding air they may precipitate a cloud of microscopic water droplets. If the air is cold enough, this trail will comprise tiny ice crystals.”



Artificial clouds!! In the past we have come across fighter planes moving around in the skies of Sikkim but as far as I recall my memory I have never seen any white lines of cloud left by them on their path. So what are these objects and why are they leaving the white clouds?

No comments:

Post a Comment