Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Hiramaya Pradhan, my grand mother


Hiramaya Pradhan, my grandmother was 86 years old when she had her right leg amputee last December due to gangrene. Family members agreed to cut her leg in a hope that she shall live for a long but her diabetic condition did not allow it. She had kidney failure and breathe last on January 7 at around 3.25 pm at Kalimpong. Her dead body was brought to her home at Bong Busty.



She was survived by four daughters and a son and dozens of grandsons and granddaughters and great-grandsons. A lively lady and always smiling behind her wrinkled face. She was my grandmother and much loved and admired by people who knew her.

Some year back she had told me that she was from Turuk, South Sikkim and there are still her relatives that she had not come across for a long time. I still remember her words about her marriage in her teens when she was brought to Bong Busty unknown to her and later she came to know she was married. My grandfather was a part of the Gorkha Regiment and was in Burma during the Second World War. He too passed away a few years back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment