Blog on Sikkim.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Gangtok Government Hospital introduces wait in lines (1966)


I have always tried my best to be among the first few lines while visiting a doctor in a hospital. But on many occasions I don’t have any option but to be in a long standing queue.  It is very interesting finding I got to read at old Kanchenjunga magazine dated 1966 of Gangtok Government Hospital about the wait in lines.
Some six decades back there were no wait in lines in hospitals as we see these days.  People of far places of Sikkim used to drop at Gangtok Government Hospital at any hour of the time and make hay wire for the doctors and the hospital staffs.
It was in the month of July-August in the year 1966; a new rule was brought into practice by the Royal Durbar to set up a proper wait in lines for the visiting patients at the hospital for medical check-ups.  It was also made into practice that personal record of the illness of patients should be kept in the hospital itself.  It was also directed to the Hospital authorities that the Prince Tenzing and his brother would do the regular inspections of the new rule.
Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...