Writings of Sikkim since 2007

Thursday, January 03, 2013

A stamp of Adomi Bridge of Ghana resembles the Indreni Bridge of Singtam

Indreni Bridge of Singtam





When i first saw the Adomi Bridge of Ghana in one of my stamp album i said to myself this looks like our Indreni Bridge. Indeed the picture in the stamp said so. The Indreni (rainbow as it resembles) Bridge joins the town of Singtam (East District) with the Aadarsh Gaon (South District) with the river Teesta flowing in between. The bridge that is still waiting for its official opening today is a centre of attraction for its beauty. Couple of video shooting had already been picturised on it and the late night radium lightning makes the bridge more fascinating. 

The bridge that was started on January 10th, 2007 was constructed by MP Agarwal from Namchi with the fund from Government of India, DONER, NLCP. The total cost of the construction was Rs 1337 lakhs.

The Adomi Bridge stamp was issued in 1967 and it features the first suspension bridge of Ghana.





Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...