Writings of Sikkim since 2007

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

History is not a boring subject


History is not boring but the way it is treated sounds a bore. Remembering the names of the kings and the years thou for some might be a tiresome lessons but it is as easier as remembering the mobile numbers of our friends. All we need is a little interest and the vision of making it look easier for the history teaching faculty. What I have experience in all my years is a mere fact that the subject is long looked upon more as a story book, I do not deny the fact that the lengthy drawn put pages of the history lessons are part of that immemorial past but this times gone by is not a bed time story and should not be only limited to it.


I have in my school days had experienced that one of my history teaching teacher would sit on the teacher’s desk and tell the story of the chapters of history finishing one or more chapters in one session of 45 minutes. He used to say he had been teaching the subject for more than 15 years and he knows every words of the book. I never understood was that a better way of dealing with the subject.


Now I have myself become a teacher but coming from a Pure Science background I am not given an opportunity to teach the subject I love to teach. The coming year I would like to request the headmaster, let’s see what happens?


I believe in an old folks saying “An Archeologist never lets history sleep” and my inner strength says no person can succeed that does not take their past along with them.


NB: PIC FROM National Center for History in the Schools

Share:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Full Width CSS

Google+ Followers

Blog Archive

Visitor since January 21, 2012 free counters
Free counters

Search This Blog

Breaking News

DONATE WORLD WIDE POSTAGE STAMPS

I WOULD BE HAPPY IF I CAN GET USED/MINT WORLD WIDE STAMPS FOR CHARITY CAUSE. I WOULD BE USING THE FUND FOR THE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.

THANKS

SHITAL PRADHAN
C/O LN PRADHAN
SHANTINAGAR, SINGTAM
SIKKIM- 737134
INDIA

Google
Custom Search



Beauty

Followers

Social Icons

PageNavi Results No.

Label Icons CSS

Travel

Fashion

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

When i started my blog on Sikkim way back in 2007, i had it clear on my mind that this blog shall help people look out for knowledge on Sikkim. I always wanted a knowledge house about Sikkim, its past, present and future. I do not know over the years how much did i succeed but my determination to let other understand my Sikkim is always giving me a push. with regards Shital Pradhan (himalayanreview@gmail.com)

Pages

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...