Skip to main content

Happy 10th Birthday Sristikaa

Happy 10th Birthday Bebay...ten years passed by and now you are a grown-up child.


You have grown up to be a beautiful lady, and as I always say, I see you grow in photographs. I cannot express my feelings towards you; I know you have many things to tell me. Being a father, I am supposed to be near you in your growing days. But I am not near you. You might be angry, sad, and don't want to see my face; I can understand; I can feel it…but chori…my part of the pain is with me, which is too young for you to understand.

I had always tried to make people happy. What I did to depart from you was, in a way, make you remain happy. I never wanted you to grow up in that disturbed family environment. I knew I was losing you, but I had to do it. There are things you sometimes need to grow up to understand. I am saying all this because you are grown up and can differentiate between good and bad.  

I know you will go through these messages sooner or later, and I am leaving them for you. I am always there for you, wherever you are!

Happy Birthday Once Again!!

Love Aye
Baba

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JANHA BAGCHA TEESTA RANGIT

This was a national song of Sikkim sung in the Nepali language during the monarchy system. During the merger with India, the song got banned and later re-released. Two words on the 8th para, which earlier said 'Rajah rah Rani,' were replaced with "Janmah bhumi."     This song was dedicated to the King and Queen of Sikkim. The song lyrics were penned by Sanu Lama, and the music was composed by Dushyant Lama.  The song was first sung on the birth anniversary of Chogyal Palden Thondup Namgyal on April 4, 1970, at Gangtok by Aruna Lama, Dawa Lama, and Manikamal Chettri.    JANHA BAGCHA TEESTA RANGIT,  JAHAN KANCHENDZONGA SEER   YEHI HO HAMRO DHANA KO DESH,  TAPAWAN HO PYARO SIKKIM     INTERLUDE     PHULCHAN YEHA AANGANAI MAA,  CHAAP , GURAS, SUNAKHARI   SWARGASARI SUNDAR DESH KO  HAMRO PYARO PYARO JANMAHBHUMI     JANHA BAGCHA……     BATASHLE BOKCHAA YAHA,  TATHAGAT KO AAMAR WAANI ...

Early Poets of Sikkim : Subhash Deepak

During the early two decades of the twentieth century young boys belonging to rich and aristocratic families including upper caste Brahmins were sent to Darjeeling or Benares for studies. These young boys naturally got an opportunity to encounter the new trends of awakening like the National movement of Indian Independence. The influence of great literary personalities like Lekhnath Poudyal (1884-1965), Lakshmi Prasad Devkota (1909-1965) and Balkrishna Sama (1902-1981) is very much evident on the poets associated with Apatan Sahitya Parishad . This was the time when Parasmani Pradhan , Surya Bikram Gewali and their worthy associates had already had their influences on the young poets. ‘The tide of awakening had swept throughout the area like Sikkim , Darjeeling, Benares and Dehradun . During the second and third decade of 20th century Dharanidhar Koirala’s ‘ Naibedya ’ (1920), Mahananda Sapkota’s ‘ Mana Lahari ’ (1920) marked a break with the traditi...

The Kirat Khambo Rai of Sikkim, Their Lifestyle and Custom at a Glance : BIJAY BANTAWA,

The Kirat Khambo Rai of Sikkim, Their Lifestyle and Custom at a Glance H.H. Risley, in his book, “The Gazetteer of Sikkim (1884), while reflecting the total population of Sikkim, mentioned ‘Rai’ , ‘Khambu’ and ‘Jimdar’ as different communities, but in reality, these terms denote a single community, which is now, popularly known as Rai community. Rai is also known as Kirata, Khambu, and Jimdar. The term Kirata has a wider connotation and is also found in Puran, Upadnishad, or the old Vedas. It covers Rai, Limbu, Sunwar, Gurung, Manger, Tamang, and others, but only the Rai community uses this term.  As per the census of Sikkim in 1884, the total strength of the Rai community was in third position, but Mr. Risley put it at random owing to the reason mentioned already. The majority of Rai people still reside in many parts of the state. They are mainly concentrated in the South and West Districts of the State. Festival: In this former Himalayan kingdom,...