Skip to main content

Heartwarming Farewell: A Look Back on 10 Years at Sakyong Chisopani JHS

02.09.23: In a heart-warming and emotional atmosphere, Mrs. Nirmala Sharma Madam and I participated in our farewell program at Sakyong Chisopani JHS. It was a truly special moment when I had the honour of receiving a Letter of Appreciation from the esteemed hands of Shri PB Subba, our Headmaster. What's more, I was absolutely delighted to be presented with a captivating and exquisitely hand-drawn portrait of myself, a true work of art, gifted by Shri Arbin Chettri, the talented GT Science student of the school.

The Khadas and thoughtful gifts offered by my fellow staff filled me with deep emotions. The individual gifts brought by some of my dear students left me speechless, overwhelmed by their kindness and thoughtfulness. I was delighted to see the presence of Shri LN Sharma, the former Incharge of the school, with whom I had a long and meaningful association during my tenure there. The program was made even more special with the attendance of esteemed SMCs – Shri Zigden Sherpa, Shri Done Tshring Rai, and Shri Badal Pariyar; Smt. Deepa Chettri, Panchayat, her officials, and Shri Uttam Gurung. I was particularly pleased to have Shri Parsu Gurung, one of my former students, join us on this significant day.


I am truly grateful to my former school for organizing such a heartwarming farewell program, even though I had to cut it short due to an unavoidable commitment at the Manan Kendra program, as requested by the Education Department.

I had the pleasure of immersing myself in the cultural program, and it was an absolute joy. All the cultural performances, including the enchanting welcome songs, the harmonious group songs, and the soul-stirring performances by Miss Rajani Gurung and Master Rohan Bishwakarma, left me spellbound. Witnessing my students shine on stage filled me with immense happiness and pride.Thank You, Mrs. Bhawana Pandey, Madam, and Mrs. Juna Pradhan, Madam, for the welcome speech and vote of thanks. 





Blessings to my students, best wishes to the school staff, and wherever I am, whatever I do, I shall always remember the best 10 years I spent at this school. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JANHA BAGCHA TEESTA RANGIT

This was a national song of Sikkim sung in the Nepali language during the monarchy system. During the merger with India, the song got banned and later re-released. Two words on the 8th para, which earlier said 'Rajah rah Rani,' were replaced with "Janmah bhumi."     This song was dedicated to the King and Queen of Sikkim. The song lyrics were penned by Sanu Lama, and the music was composed by Dushyant Lama.  The song was first sung on the birth anniversary of Chogyal Palden Thondup Namgyal on April 4, 1970, at Gangtok by Aruna Lama, Dawa Lama, and Manikamal Chettri.    JANHA BAGCHA TEESTA RANGIT,  JAHAN KANCHENDZONGA SEER   YEHI HO HAMRO DHANA KO DESH,  TAPAWAN HO PYARO SIKKIM     INTERLUDE     PHULCHAN YEHA AANGANAI MAA,  CHAAP , GURAS, SUNAKHARI   SWARGASARI SUNDAR DESH KO  HAMRO PYARO PYARO JANMAHBHUMI     JANHA BAGCHA……     BATASHLE BOKCHAA YAHA,  TATHAGAT KO AAMAR WAANI ...

Sukunda: Newa`s five elements

(Information by Dipak Shrestha) Sukunda is a typical traditional Nepali oil lamp made of brass. The front part of this lamp shows a tiny icon of Ganesha, the god of luck and success. On its front is a small cup fixed in the shape of a Yoni used to put the wick. Fixed on the back of the lamp is a fascinating loop handle designed with a five-headed serpent (sometimes a mythical dragon or makara) raising its head in a very watchful attitude.  A small spoon with a nagakanya on top generally replenishes the reservoir's oil. The artistic work on this unique oil lamp reflects the remote past of a very famous Buddhist legend.  The Legend A long time ago, Kathmandu Valley was a large lake inhabited by nagas(snakes). In the middle of the lake was a beautifully blooming thousand-petalled lotus flame. When Buddhisattwa Mahamanjushree heard about this, he rushed to the valley from China to pay homage to the flame. The entire valley rang up with the thundering strike of his mag...

Early Poets of Sikkim : Subhash Deepak

During the early two decades of the twentieth century young boys belonging to rich and aristocratic families including upper caste Brahmins were sent to Darjeeling or Benares for studies. These young boys naturally got an opportunity to encounter the new trends of awakening like the National movement of Indian Independence. The influence of great literary personalities like Lekhnath Poudyal (1884-1965), Lakshmi Prasad Devkota (1909-1965) and Balkrishna Sama (1902-1981) is very much evident on the poets associated with Apatan Sahitya Parishad . This was the time when Parasmani Pradhan , Surya Bikram Gewali and their worthy associates had already had their influences on the young poets. ‘The tide of awakening had swept throughout the area like Sikkim , Darjeeling, Benares and Dehradun . During the second and third decade of 20th century Dharanidhar Koirala’s ‘ Naibedya ’ (1920), Mahananda Sapkota’s ‘ Mana Lahari ’ (1920) marked a break with the traditi...