Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pacha…..not just an another village




Just the other day I was at a place where I had been repeatedly called upon for a visit that somehow I could not carry on. I was told I have to have a good walk along the jungle, although I was interested to visit the place but it did not happened all of a sudden. Finally this December 14 I was to this place more or less an area that had been pushed aside the development of today’s Sikkim. It took me more than two long hours to reach the place and I am happy I did it and saw the other side of the world too that was part of our Sikkim. 

I was there to attend an annual function of Pacha Saraswati Primary School and also become part of a blanket distribution for the 18/9 Earthquake affected families. Without doubt this school at North Regu could be one of the furthest situated government school in East Sikkim. The nearest ration shops of Rongli bazar is more than 3-4 hour down walk for the villagers of this world and a labourer payment for a sack of rice is Rs 400. I was accompanied by Praveen Daju, Suni and Firoze.

Following are the photographs I had clicked on that day……





No comments:

Post a Comment