Monday, April 07, 2008

Nirmal Pleased To Be In National Camp


Air India defender Nirmal Chhetri expressed excitement over being named for the senior national camp and credited a number of individuals for the same.

Nirmal was part of the pre-national camp wherein he impressed Coach Bob Houghton and thereby was asked to stay back in Goa.

Speaking to Goal.com, the youngster said, “My aim is to play for the senior national team and I’m happy for having pleased my coach here. I hope to continue that and gain a final spot in the squad.”

“I’m just step away from the door to the national team. That excites me.”

Nirmal mentioned that coach Bob Houghton asked him to play like he did at Air India and for sure, he shall blossom.

On the pre-national camp, Nirmal said, “We would train in the evenings and have a gym session in the mornings. On some days, we were rested in the mornings. It was a refreshing experience.”

The Sikkimese defender firstly credited his native coach Hangu Norden Litcha for his success.

“I want to thank Mr.Litcha who was m coach in Sikkim. It was he who instilled the belief in me that I can play at the top level.

“Nextly, my Air India coach Bimal Ghosh who first gave me a chance to perform in the top division. Our U-19 coach Colin Toal also deserves a big credit.

“Bhaichung is always a role model for all the Sikkim players and for me too. Mr. Arjun Rai from United Sikkim Sports Club also helped shape my career.”

Rahul Bali.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=648752

No comments:

Post a Comment