Thursday, July 17, 2014

A good artist will perform any kind of song in any kind of situation : Nitish Pradhan



Meet Nitish Pradhan, an upcoming music heartthrob of Sikkim. His music reflects melody, youthfulness and about the lifestyle Sikkim. He is the one half of Sikkim’s first male/female pop.

1. Three music video in a short span, how do you see yourself in coming years? :
It’s not as easy as one views it. It entails so much hard work and labour to come up with a song first and then to make a music video is a totally different ball game altogether. As an artist it is natural to expect progression and growth. I wish that too. Hopefully in my upcoming songs everyone will see a different side to my artistry. At the end, it is a team work and my sincere thanks to each and every individual that I have worked with till now.
2. Your "Maya" video was highly appreciated, your say.
Even with relatively less promotion "Maya" surpassed our expectations. "Anisha-Nitesh" Duo is known for this song. I always believed that a good song will always get its due someday. We still get compliments for "Maya" from the audience. The video required such a grueling schedule for everyone involved but finally it all went smoothly.
3. Is it important to be in love to sing a romantic numbers? How do u define love?
A good artist will perform any kind of song in any kind of situation. However, being in love is never a bad thing! Although the sad part is I have been in love just once & it fizzled out quickly too (Laughs). I always believe love is unconditional. We should not have a pre-conceived notion of love. It may come and go anytime but that does not mean one should cringe and cry rather we should celebrate love in various other dimensions as a son, brother or a friend.
4. How do you make yourself comfortable from the expectation people have from Anisha -Nitesh duo?
I keep on getting queries from everyone what next? As a duo we have so many more avenues to explore and grow not only as artists but also as a human being. Anisha is out of Sikkim for her studies even I am busy here. We are glad that people have expectations from us. We always tried to give the listeners songs that are simple and melodious in their own way. Our next collaboration should be as good as "Maya". We will work on it once we have settled other commitments in life.
5. Any plan for a solo album...
Yes! It’s very exciting. Each song will show a different side of me. I really don't know at this point whether it will be a mini-album or a full-fledged one but it will surely be something very different from what I have done till now. There will be surprise collaborations with other artists too. The basic concept of the album is ready but there are many more things to work on it so I will not be in the position to comment on its release date.
6. What do u do apart from studies and music?
I am a current affairs junkie! I read magazines, Journals, watch news. I absolutely love Politics. Today our youths show disenchantment with the political system but that should not be the case. We must be part of the political system to shake or change it. I love hanging out with family and friends. I have a spiritual side too. I meditate & listen to the discourses of various spiritually enlightened beings from all faiths. In today's materialistic world it is very important to keep a tab on one's spiritual health.
7. How did u develop an interest in politics?
Coming from a politically aware background our dinner time conversation is politics! We love having political discussions on the dinner table. This is the way we have been brought up and I feel it’s very healthy that one is getting ideological mentoring from home itself.
8. Any last thoughts.
Do what your heart says. Follow your dreams passionately. Love and be happy with yourself first than only u can make people around you happy!! Lastly, spare some thought to the world around you. Be aware of things happening around. Love the universe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment