Skip to main content

My daughter goes to school from today...

My daughter Sristikaa Pradhan

My daughter, Sristikaa Pradhan started off her academic session today. She has been admitted to King George Academy at Singtam. Last Saturday, I visited the school and filled up the admission forms. I could not realize how soon the years passed by, it was as if yesterday I would carry her in my arms and today she started going to school. 

I was worried she would cry her heart on her first day but to my and Seema's surprise, she didn't cry as told by her teacher. She was rather surprised with other students wailing and she just kept staring up. In the morning I took a few snaps of her first day to school in her school uniforms, as I too have a photograph of my first day at school more than two and half decades back.

 
In the morning there was a funny incident out at school, one of the teachers told my daughter " Say, Good Morning Miss!!", my daughter instantly did not reply but a little later when the teacher repeated her words to my daughter in her small voice replied back " Say, Good Morning Miss!!" and we all laughed.

 
Can u see the schoolbag!!

Yesterday another interesting thing happened at home, last Saturday I had brought the books and copies from the school and since late noon I had been looking for those books and copies to cover them up but I was not getting them, so I decided to inquire about my wife about those things and she smiled and told me she had kept the school bag along with the books and copies at our mandir room. I could not help myself from smiling...Sweet ni hai!!

Comments

  1. how sweet,. she's lukin' cute..
    blessings,. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read about your little one. Mine started kinder for 3 yr old too and she refuses to come home. She loves it. Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amui ni ta.... kasto sweet!!!!

    She looks adorable in her school uniform...

    So sweet; reminds me of my first day at school. I remember I bawled my guts out.

    She may remember this day decades later. I still do :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Goma for the good wishes...

    Thanks Rinchen....where did u go missing.....i too believe she would smile at this blog post too when she reads it year latter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mst say ur daughter is gonna love ur work whn she will recall in the comin yrs ...she will surely hug u n thnk u for ur beautiful work ...Cheers to ur work......and baby sristika be good , play lottttt mk frens at school untill u gear up for ur real challenges.....Good luckkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karuna for your lovely comments. Do visit again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rongli my birthplace

BY SHITAL PRADHAN A small hamlet in an eastern side Silent raush on its way, The old silk route, More older it look Upon which I stay, Hey that’s Rongli, Rongli my birthplace Years went by, years dried up, Yet the small village is as it was, Silent, peaceful and introvert Today’s picture of Rongli, Houses as station bogie, Looks a cradle, from Chujachen, Upon which the blue sky, As if I can touch thee, Roaring River, As the legend we hear, Still watch with glee, The terror of 1890 somewhat forgotten, Yet another terrorizing moment, 68 was the year… 1968, When sky too wasn’t pleased. That was Rongli, Rongli of the past. Playing along the Baar-Pepal tree, Hiding in the Shivalaya, Watching videos and aloft Is a decent memory, now? Sweet time in treasure, Yet when I am in Rongli, I am happy, in whither sweet. Rongli my birthplace !

India’s illegal occupation of independent Sikkim has to be reversed

Extracted from Pakistan Defence India’s “Chief Executive” in Gangtok wrote: “Sikkim’s merger was necessary for Indian national interest. And we worked to that end. Maybe if the Chogyal had been smarter and played his cards better, it wouldn’t have turned out the way it did.” It is also said that the real battle was not between the Chogyal and Kazi Lendup Dorji but between their wives. On one side was Queen Hope Cook, the American wife of the Chogyal and on the other was the Belgian wife of the Kazi, Elisa-Maria Standford. “This was a proxy war between the American and the Belgian,” says former chief minister BB Gurung. But there was a third woman involved: Indira Gandhi in New Delhi. Chogyal Palden met the 24-year-old New Yorker Hope Cook in Darjeeling in 1963 and married her. For Cook, this was a dream come true: to become the queen of an independent kingdom in Shangrila. She started taking the message of Sikkimese independence to the youth, and the allegations started flying thic...

The coinage system of Sikkim

It is more or less a forgotten part of the development process of the then-small Himalayan kingdom, Sikkim . The introduction of the coinage system in Sikkim ceased the way it started. A study of the coinage system of Sikkim sheds light on the socio-economic and political history of the then-small state. The coins of Sikkim ended the way they appeared; they came from nowhere, and finally, they got lost out in the darkness. A handful of people around Sikkim and in the districts of Darjeeling now have these rare items in their collections. The coin of Sikkim is much sought after by numismatists interested in countries that no longer exist today. Before the British invasion of the land of Sikkim, the capital revenue system was never heard. Sikkim, being an agricultural foreground, had some parts of food grains given to the king as tax. Trade was carried out where things were exchanged between individuals. This system was prevalent even in the mid-19th century; oranges were exchan...